For years I suffered with anxiety, PMS, digestive issues and the inability to fall asleep. I pretty much popped synthetic pills to help me get through my pain and discomfort.
I remember a few years ago, I heard someone talking about essential oils and how they used them instead of medicine. I must admit, I was kinda sceptical. I thought, “Why would someone choose to suffer when they could just take a pill and feel better?”
Then, everything changed.
I was at my sister- in- laws house and wasn’t feeling well. My head was pounding and I asked her for some water so I could take my usual pain medication. She pulled out some peppermint and asked if I would be open to putting some on my temples.
“Peppermint? Why would I use something like that?”
My sister-in-law laughed and told me how essential oils have many therapeutic benefits to them. Reluctantly, I rubbed the peppermint on my temples, and MY. MIND. WAS. BLOWN. Within a few seconds, I started to feel relief. After a few minutes, my headache was TOTALLY gone!
Now I was intrigued and I asked her a ton of questions about how the oils work for everything from sleep, to supporting an upset stomach to reducing anxious feelings. She sent me home with a few samples to try and my life has never been the same.
These oils worked so quickly and were so effective in making me feel better, I was excited to use them on my son and husband when they didn’t feel well. Within minutes of applying these oils on my son, he also felt relief. As a mom, it feels amazing to be able to help my son in a safe, natural and effective way.
You might be wondering… how do you use essential oils and what do you use them for?
Now, I’m going to be honest. At first I felt a bit intimidated and wasn’t sure what oil to use for what. But for the past year I immersed myself in learning about these amazing essential oils and now even my 9 year old son knows what oils to use!
Each day I’m learning new ways to use essential oils. Of course, they are fantastic for improving health and uplifting mood and emotions, but there also some great practical ways to use them around the house.
Here are 7 cool ways I’ve been using them lately!
- Add a few drops of Purify or Citrus Bliss oil to dryer balls for a non-toxic way to dry wet clothes (and they smell so fresh and clean!)
- Diffuse OnGuard to clean the air, especially when someone is feeling under the weather – the liver serves as a filter for toxins, both airborne and ingested. The less the liver has to process, the healthier you will be.
- Put a drop of lemon oil and melaleuca (aka tea tree) oil to the bottom of the trash can to keep things smelling nice.
- Add a few drops of lemon and Slim and Sassy oil to water to detoxify, promote a healthy metabolism and manage hunger cravings.
- Put a drop of Lemongrass oil inside the toilet paper roll. Makes the bathroom smell delish!
- Diffuse peppermint and wild orange. It’s so energizing especially first thing in the morning or mid afternoon!
- Add a drop of Myrrh to moisturizer to promote youthful looking skin.
I’ve got of ton of other practical ways to use essential oils. In fact, I created a cheat sheet of 30 of my favourite ways.
Click here to get your cheat sheet – 30 Practical Ways to Use Essential Oils.
Read more: http://www.carlycoopercoaching.com
Want to learn how to get shift done in your life or business? Schedule a Complimentary Get Shift Done Strategy Session today.
Want to learn how to feel better physically and emotionally in a safe, natural way? Check out my Getting Started Guide to learn more about Essential Oils.